CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Of Magazine work, Prefects', Tests and Interviews...

Phew..

The past few weeks of my life were really hectic..
And yet, they were my most memorable..

Starting off with Magazine work..
We had to stay back in school from 2-4.30 each day.
YES
Just to do magazine work..
So it sucks to be apart of the committee..
But at the same time, it's nice to be trashing the Language Room and using free Wi-fi from the school once in a while..
Haha.
Just hoping that the magazine would turn up well..

Next, off to Prefects'.
Yeah, I was appointed the Assistant Head Prefect I.
It's the first time in history that a Form 4 got elected to the post.
Because usually, the Form 6-er's are gonna be the 3 heads.
Thanks to the old board and to the school's administration for placing trust in me.
I promise that I'll do my best.
Responsibilities comes with it.
The transition from being just a Probationary Prefect to a Probationary Senior and finally, a Head Prefect...
It has transformed me to become a better person..
And carrying with it, is an experience of a lifetime!

PREFECT'S NIGHT WAS A BLAST!
KUDOS TO EVERYONE WHO WAS INVOLVED!
Just to let you know that there were many positive reviews..

Tests this year came at a not-so-pleasant time
Just when all the prefects' commitment and magazine work came piling in, there it was, test's week!
I gave my all, although it was difficult in juggling time to study and completing all my other commitments.
Tests results came in.
It was good, I would say.
Certainly can improve during the final term.

Then came the AFS JENESYS Selection Camp.
I was among the lucky 6 chosen from the rest from Sarawak to go for the selection camp.
Being the only boy from my school and also from Kuching, I didn't know what to expect.
There's only one WORD that could describe the scene of events which happened..

AWESOME

I met awesome people there,
And I felt proud that I could tell my friends about my culture.
And yes, we do have Streamyx in Sarawak.
Haha.
Although it was just camp which lasted less than 48 hours,
I felt so bonded during the camp.
Met friends from almost every part of Malaysia.
The interview went well,
Placing high hopes that I could be one of the 50+ to be selected to go to Japan..

And guess what?
My flight back to Kuching was at 10.15 p.m.
I reached KLIA at 10.00 p.m. by the ERL..
I ran up to the Domestic Departure Terminal from the underground section of KLIA in less than 5 minutes.
And when I got there, everyone was boarding the aircraft already.
Phew.



That was definitely an experience of a lifetime.
No..
All the events that happened were an experience of a lifetime.
Photos are on Facebook.


Signing off...




0 comments: